Corned Beef & Cabbage

Are you planning to cook up this traditional meal for your family on St. Patrick’s Day?

My Grandmother always made this special meal, and I have wonderful memories because of the time spent sharing dinner with her.  Even though my Grandmother was of Dutch Heritage, she would prepare this dish for my Grandfather who was Irish and Italian.

Today, I make the same Irish Soda Bread that she used to bake and it truly is special and transports me back in time.

My favorite line from  The Times of your life by Paul Anka…. “The memories are times that you borrowed, to spend when you get to tomorrow.”

Enjoy every moment with your family…#itsthelittlethings #cooktogether~

Chowfancy Friends~

The Butchers Wife

One thought on “Corned Beef & Cabbage

1. James
    March 13, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I am picking up my Corned Beef from R & S today…might as well start with the best beef around…and oh yes, there is a difference compared to what one finds in a supermarket! Thursday I am cooking a pre-St. Patrick’s Day lunch for 10 colleagues. Cooking is something I enjoy and typically don’t need motivation but after watching this video I can’t wait to start cooking. Love the idea of fresh carrots with the tops makes the presentation! I prefer to use a nice Irish Stout with my secrete blend of pickling spices but will try the Hard Cider. Whether you use Hard Cider or beer you missed a very important step…you should have two bottles…one for the food and one for the cook. Love you guys…The Butcher’s Cousin.

• March 14, 2018 at 12:07 am

So happy you came in to get ‘The Best Corned Beef’ in town, and how nice of you to cook for 10 of your coworkers!! You are pretty awesome:) Happy Cooking and take it easy on the Hard Cider! Happy St. Pattys day and love to the family!

• Dave
      March 16, 2018 at 6:28 pm

The Butcher’s Cousin rocked the best Corned Beef for his work colleagues! Thanks again James! Happy St. Patty’s Day!

• March 16, 2018 at 6:33 pm

You guys are having so much fun! I think I may want to come and work with you all:)) Happy St. Patty’s Day and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the Corned Beef!

2. Jeff Mason
    March 15, 2018 at 6:49 pm

I was one of the 10+ colleagues who thoroughly enjoyed the corned beef meal the Butcher’s Cousin expertly prepared and served. A real treat and an amazing piece of meat 🙂 Thank you!

• March 16, 2018 at 6:32 pm

That’s Fantastic Jeff! We appreciate the feedback. How wonderful that you all shared a great meal together as co-workers….that’s awesome! You are a great group over there at Estee…and of course we think that Cousin James is an excellent cook! Have a wonderful weekend!

3. Kevin
    March 16, 2018 at 6:27 pm

I was fortunate to be one of the colleagues James prepared lunch for. The corned beef was outstanding!
    Great job preparing and cooking, and the meat was first rate.

• March 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm

The Butchers Cousin James is an excellent cook and we’re so happy you enjoyed the Corned Beef Kevin! Happy St. Patty’s Day!